Friday, October 9, 2026

Prayers, Songs, Praises: Psalm 142

A Cry of Distress


A Maskil of David. When he was in the cave. A prayer.


142:1 I cry aloud to the Lord;

I plead aloud to the Lord for mercy.

2 I pour out my complaint before him;

I reveal my trouble to him.

3 Although my spirit is weak within me,

you know my way.
Along this path I travel
they have hidden a trap for me.

4 Look to the right and see:

no one stands up for me;
there is no refuge for me;
no one cares about me.


5 I cry to you, Lord;

I say, “You are my shelter,

my portion in the land of the living.”

6 Listen to my cry,

for I am very weak.

Rescue me from those who pursue me,

for they are too strong for me.

7 Free me from prison

so that I can praise your name.

The righteous will gather around me

because you deal generously with me.


CSB

No comments:

Post a Comment