Monday, July 1, 2024

Letters off Paul: Romans 10:14-21

Israel’s Rejection of the Message

10:14 How, then, can they call on him they have not believed in? And how can they believe without hearing about him? And how can they hear without a preacher? 15 And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.[Is 52:7; Nah 1:15] 16 But not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, Lord, who has believed our message?[Is 53:1] 17 So faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the message about Christ. 18 But I ask, “Did they not hear?” Yes, they did:

Their voice has gone out to the whole earth,
and their words to the ends of the world.[Ps 19:4]

19 But I ask, “Did Israel not understand?” First, Moses said,

I will make you jealous
of those who are not a nation;
I will make you angry by a nation
that lacks understanding.[Dt 32:21]

20 And Isaiah says boldly,

I was found
by those who were not looking for me;
I revealed myself
to those who were not asking for me.[Is 65:1]

21 But to Israel he says, All day long I have held out my hands to a disobedient and defiant people.[Is 65:2]

CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment